Sunday, June 3, 2012

Braided T-shirt Coasters

What on Earth am I going to do to solve this issue of our drinking glasses leaving puddles of water everywhere??

Of course, coasters, but how can I get coasters without spending any extra money ???

I could have easily crocheted coasters, my friend Missy made these Minecraft Creeper coasters.

Super cute, but I have no yarn, only old t-shirts.  I Google searched t-shirt coasters and found Upcycling: Braided T-shirt Coasters so guess what I did.  I immediately got out my scissors and t-shirts and started cutting strips of fabric to braid.  I only had a plain black t-shirt to start, not my color of choice, but it was free.  Here is the finished product.





Mine didn't come out as good as Carolyn's but I wasn't going for perfection seeing how the colors weren't my favorite, I was going for quick, easy, practical, and useful.  End result: they work.  Living in the tropics the t-shirt coasters need some sort of backing on them that will completely absorb the water because after a while the fabric gets really wet and then, eventually, if they're not dried the water will seep through.  For now, I am satisfied=)



No comments:

Post a Comment